My name is Tawseef Majeed. I have pursued a Masters in Journalism, and Psychology. Also, I completed my P.G Diploma in Graphics and Animation from AJK MCRC, Jamia Millia Islamia University. Presently, I am pursuing my doctorate degree in Documentary (Animation) Film Studies from AJK MCRC, Jamia Millia Islamia University. I am interested to work in your reputed company So that I can polish my skills and also contribute in the growth and productivity of the organization. I have worked as an Intern with South Asia Radio Panos and Doordarshan Srinagar. I have also worked as Field Investigator for Research on Indian & International Studies (IRIIS). I have got good experience in writing. I worked as a freelance writer with writerbay.com and academicknowledge.co.uk for three years. I have also presented Research Papers at National and International Conferences. I promise to work as a dedicated and committed being and abide by the values of my profession.
Work & Achievements:
Blastingnews January – March 2018
RF Mediamind, www.writershub.org October 2016 – Present
Work: Writing academic content
AJ Kidwai MCRC, Jamia Millia Islamia University January 2016 – August 2016
Aspect Media Pvt. Ltd. November 2013 – Present Role: Researcher
Writerbay, New York August 2011- September 2013
Work: freelance writer
State Tuberculosis Centre, J&K September 2013 – December 2013
Project: Documentary (10 min)
Institute for Research on India & International Studies (IRIIS) January – February 2011
Role: Field investigator
Work: Conduct interviews, Field Analysis & observation
Project: Role of Media in Shaping the Perceptions of Kashmiri Youth
Doordarshan, Srinagar, Kashmir 18th January – 17th March. 2010
Work: Reporting & Scriptwriting, Translating
Community Radio Panos, South Asia Project, Awantipora July 2009 – April 2010
Project Work: Reporting, script writing, Editing & Anchoring
Project: Community radio project, Awantipora, Panos, South Asia
1. Gold Medal in Graphics and Animation, AJK MCRC, Jamia Millia Islamia University, 2013
2. Best Young and Emerging Researcher by University Scholars Guild Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi, 2014.
Research (Papers and Presentations):
Papers presented or selected at/for International Conferences:
1. Blending the two opposites: A science of non-fiction storytelling
This paper is selected at MediAsia 2017, The Asian conference on media, communication, and film (IAFOR).
2. Visual activism and Intifada: Archiving 2010 uprising and protests in Kashmir
The abstract was selected in Visible Evidence International Conference held in August 2015 in Toronto, Canada.
3. The Kashmir aspect in the Contemporary Hindi Cinema – A study of the representation of Kashmiri Muslim characters in Bollywood movies
The paper was selected and presented in Muslims, Media, and Democracy International Conference held in Hyderabad, India.
4. AIDS in Kenya: A study on the present scenario of AIDS/HIV in Kenya
The paper was presented in September 2014.
5. Producers as consumers: How ICTs facilitate Visual activism and Intifada and digitally archived 2010 uprising in Kashmir
This paper was accepted by World Conference on Media &Mass Communication 2016 Bangkok, Thailand.
Papers presented at National Conferences and Seminars:
1. ‘YouTube and its Usage in Kashmir’ (a 70-page report)
2. Health Scenario of District Anantnag – A detailed study
3. Reach and Success of immunization in Anantnag – A Comprehensive report
4. Effect of Mass media on Children (at block Achabal, Anantnag)
AJK MCRC, Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi. Ph.D. (Dec. 2018 Expected)
Islamic University of Science & Technology, Awantipora. M.A Degree in Journalism.
Vinayaka Missions University, Salem (TN) M.A Degree in Psychology.
AJK MCRC, Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi. P.G Diploma Graphics &
Kashmir University, Kashmir. BSc. Degree Science.
International Computer Institute, Delhi. ADCA, Diploma in Computer
· Academic writing including Research Papers, Essays, Articles, Term Papers, and Poetry, etc.
· Script Writing
· Formats known
o MLA, APA, Chicago, ASA, Turbain, Harvard etc.
Graphics and Animation
· Character designing, Animation, and Compositing:
o 2D – Adobe Flash
o 3D – Maya
Acting for animation
· Good communication Skills (can write and speak in English, Urdu, and Kashmiri; can also read Arabic)
· Good Public Speaking Skills.
· Work experience in MS office
· Basics of Internet
Current CTC: Currently registered as Ph.D. (Practice-based) Research student.
Notice Period: Can start immediately.