Well rounded , experienced Textile , Fashion and Graphic designer familiar with the complete garment creation life cycle, from initial concept to retail sale . Innovative professional with 5 years in the Fashion Industry . Strong working knowledge of prints , embroideries and silhouettes with a good command on CAD tools. Understanding of textiles : knit, woven, lace, tulle etc and their implications in fashion. Detail oriented and dedicated to meeting client expectations .
2009- 2013 : Bachelor of Design ( Textile Design )
NIFT, New Delhi | 6.5 CGPA
2009 : CBSE class 12th Oxford School, New Delhi | 72%
2007 : CBSE class 10th Oxford School, New Delhi | 89%
AMYDUS (WOMENSWEAR RETAIL BRAND ) – Jan 2018 to Present
Fashion and Textile Designer
- Handle end to end product development including market + forecast analysis , conceptualization , design process , patterns , prints , value addition , mock development , final development . Create free hand illustrations, sketches, and mo fs. Create flat sketches and Prints using CAD.
- Effectively delegate work to pattern department , embroidery department and sampling department using specification sheets .
- Search, select, order and purchase fabrics, trims, fastenings and embellishments required for sampling . Oversee fabric testing .
- Create printable PDFs for digital printing and sublimation processes , artworks for screens and heat transfer printing . Communicate project parameters and timelines to factories to ensure timely approvals of all strike-offs.
- Transfer all necessary design specifications to merchants and product managers.
- General design room management .
- Delegate work to assistant designers .
- Built a reputation of credibility & responsiveness with vendors .
FADJUICE (WOMENSWEAR RETAIL BRAND ) – August 2014 to Dec 2017
As a designer –
- Conducting trend/fabric research and creating inspiration/design/fabric boards.
- Communicating with various fabric, print, and trim vendors.
- Managing product development which involves: developing mocks , getting patterns made by coordinating with pattern masters , managing purchase orders , communicating with sample makers , sewing contractors and print vendors to clarify timelines and standards .
- In-charge for photoshoots : Styling looks and Collaborating closely with photographers
& models for photoshoots. Retouching images .
As marketing strategist –
- Branding for the organization : Design logo , packaging , letterhead , visiting cards , tags and labels for the brand .
- Create digital as well as written content for website . blogs and online ad campaigns .
- Assist in creating promo on videos and pitch decks .
- Manage social media handles of the brand .
- Maintain Wordpress backend and design .
- Create content for and send out mass mailers & promo on messages .
- Work closely with third party SEO and online marketing agency .
THE IDEASMITH (Operations consultancy for apparels) -May 2013
Freelance Graphic Designer
- Created branding for the company – Logo , visiting cards , letterhead and brochures for the company .
- Assisted in creating the website on Adobe Muse.
- Created Social media campaigns on Lean manufacturing in Apparel Industry.
- Created infographics on lean transformation , productivity improvement and operational excellence tools with the help of lean engineers using so wares like illustrator , photo- shop .
- Created Visuals for the landing page, content for blogs and the website .
- Created pitch decks , presentations & case studies on Lean manufacturing for seminars at ATDC India and AEPC India using tools like powerpoint and Prezi.
- Created Lean Deliverables and delivery reports for each client using MS-office tools.
- Designed a book on efficiency tests and Lean tools for operational excellence for National Productivity council using Adobe indesign.
BRIJ DESIGNS ( EXPORT HOUSE )- May 2013 to July 2014
Assistant designer cum merchandiser
- Prototyped surface developments and embroidery mocks .
- Read PDs sent by the buyers , assisted in sourcing fabrics/trims as per the specifications and got samples made with the instructions of senior designer.
- Assisted in determining the average and costing .
- Created CADs for prints .
- Showroom Visual Display .
HOUSE OF PEARL ( EXPORT HOUSE )- Dec 2012 to Apr 2013
- Created 3 Graduation collections for Home carrying out the design process – researched and analyzed trend forecasts ; shortlisted themes ; developed mood boards , color boards and story boards , made concept sketches; finalized designs to be pursued on paper using mixed media and CAD; developed surface techniques, embroidery mocks and print CADs for the shortlisted designs .
- Initiated and coordinated final product development (including digital prints, embroideries, surface developments and construction).
- Documented the whole process in a book .
Mariko Exports (EXPORT HOUSE ) – May 2011 to July 2011
Summer Internship :
- Got acquainted with the processes in an Export House for 2 months of industry exposure.
- Assisted designers in creating samples for their upcoming fair in Paris.
- ROBINHOOD ARMY: 2016 – Till date
- PATHFINDERS OF INDIA: 2016 – Till date
- ISHA FOUNDATION : 2015 – Till date
- PROJECT SUNSHINE : 2015
- BECOMING I FOUNDATION : 2013
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Corel draw
- Fashion Illustration
- Fashion research
- Flat sketches
- market research
- Microsoft Word
- Mood Board Development
- Print development
- Printing techniques
- Surface development
- Tech packs
- trend analysis
National Institute of Fashion technology
Bachelor of Design
Oxford Senior Secondary School
- 2009 CBSE 12th
Oxford Senior Secondary School
- 2007 CBSE Class 10th
- Jan 2018- current Textile and Fashion Designer
- August 2014- December 2017 Creative Head
- May 2013 to July 2014 Assistant Designer and Merchandiser
- May 2013 Freelance Graphic designer
House of Pearl
- Dec 2012 to April 2013 Intern