Gaurav Singhal – Infrastructure Analyst Noida
Mob No: +91-8983587487
· 4+ years of working experience in Administering IBM WebSphere Application Server ND V6.x/v7.x/8.x on various platforms like Linux, AIX, HP-UX and Windows.
· Experience in Planning, Installing, Configuring & Administering IBM WebSphere Application Server ND 6.x/7.x/8.x.
· Experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting of IBM HTTP Server and Plug-in for Websphere Application Server.
· Experience in deploying various J2EE applications as per the requirements on respective environments.
· Strong technical experience includes performance tuning, workload management, fail over support and backup/recovery using cloning/clustering techniques including horizontal scaling and vertical scaling of different instances.
· Good experience in installing application servers in both silent & interactive modes and configuring web servers with the help of Plug-ins.
· Configured Websphere to talk to backend database using JDBC providers using data source.
· Implemented Global Security using LDAP and created users roles for monitoring Websphere environment.
· Have used Tivoli Performance Viewer (TPV)/Willy Introscope to monitor the overall health of WebSphere Application Server.
· Experience in understanding SSL setup & certificate management across various middleware products.
· Knowledge on opening Service Requests (PMR) with IBM software support through ESR and working with them in troubleshooting issues depending on the severity.
· Strong debugging and problem solving skills with good understanding of application development methodologies, techniques and tools.
· Provided 24×7 On-call production support, best practice troubleshooting, security, maintenance and problem tracing/determination and log management.
Barclays Technology Center India Pvt. Ltd.
23rd Nov 2015 – till date
IBM India Pvt. Ltd.
13th Dec 2012 – 12th Nov 2015
Organization : Barclays Technology Center India Pvt. Ltd.
Designation : IT Infrastructure Analyst
Tenure : November 23rd, 2015 – till date
Technologies : IBM WebSphere Application Server ND, IBM HTTP Server, Sun Java Webserver,
Jboss, iPlanet, Wily Introscope, BMC Blade Logic
· Handling Incidents and Change request as part of the stability and business requirements for the existing interfaces through Service Now tool.
· Installed, configured and maintained IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.X/7.X/8.X (Network Deployment), on diverse platforms like LINUX 6/7.x/8 and AIX through Blade logic tool.
· Deployment of Enterprise Applications.
· Automate application install, uninstall and application enhancements through Blade logic.
· Monitoring WAS performance through Willy Introscope and tuning the system caching, queuing, JVM parameters, DB Connection Pooling.
· Troubleshoot WebSphere Application Server connection pooling and connection manager with Oracle, and DB2.
· Configuring WebSphere Application Server on multiple platforms for both horizontal and vertical scaling for Work Load Management.
· Implementing standard backup/restore procedure for WAS Repository.
· Involved in Performance testing the application before go live and analyzing and giving the solutions on performance test results.
· Decommissioning old WAS servers as per the client requirement to save cost for Bank.
· Migrating WAS infrastructure to new Linux environment by creating like to like environment and deploying apps and troubleshoot issues if any at the time of migrating.
· Analyzing mutual authentication SSL setup/configurations of TAM/Webseal, IHS/SJWS, Web Sphere Application Server, TDS& renewing the certificates adhering to various Certified Authority Certificate standards/enhancements.
· Good Knowledge in using gsKit, ikeyman, keytool, certutil.
· Involvement into Disaster Recovery testing as a websphere engineer.
· Providing support, logs analysis, determining the issues, closely working with application support teams.
· Providing 24/7 on call Support.
Organization : IBM India Pvt. Ltd. (GBS group)
Client : IDEA Cellular Ltd., India (Telecom)
Designation : IT Infrastructure Specialist
Tenure : December 13th, 2012 – November 11th, 2015
Technologies : IBM WebSphere Application Server ND, IBM HTTP Server, Tomcat Server,
IBM Clear Case, IBM Clear Quest, Remedy
IBM provides Application Management Services (AMS) to Idea Cellular Limited which includes management of corporate applications. These applications are aligned with business objectives of the client and support a variety of operations like VAS, Telecom Regulatory and HR.AMS team develops new applications as per business requirements, provides maintenance and support for the same as well as for legacy applications. AMS is also responsible for rollout of these applications to the new telecom circles where Idea Cellular Ltd. is launching its operations.
· Understanding the architecture of the applications.
· Installation, Configuration and Administration of IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1, 7.0 ND on AIX, Linux, HP-UX& Windows platform.
· Configuring WAS and setting up environment for new applications.
· Involved in creating and configuring profiles, clusters, nodes, node agents for WebSphere Application Server6.1 and 7.0
· Implemented the Work Load Management using clustering.
· Installed EARs, WARs and configured application specific JVM settings, Web container parameters using the Admin Console in WAS 6.x/7.0
· Worked on implementation and managing server clustering and maintenance of connections pools and EJBs.
· Implemented horizontal & vertical clustering in WebSphere Application Server ND to support high availability, fail over and load balancing.
· Creating, configuring, federating, troubleshooting & monitoring of clusters, cells, nodes and application servers.
· Installation and configuration of IBM HTTP server and plug-ins.
· Installed fix packs to overcome application server problems.
· Monitored Applications & WAS performance through Tivoli Performance Viewer and tuned the system – caching, queuing, JVM parameters, DB Connection Pooling.
· Analyzing activity, system log files and diagnosing Application Server problems.
· Created various requests for different tasks like WebSphere MQ, Queue, Topic, SIB, Connection Factories, Destinations, Listener ports, Resource Adaptors, URL Providers for various applications.
· Troubleshooting the problems related with web server & application server configuration issues and performance issues.
· Configuring of JDBC Providers, Data Sources, Virtual Hosting, Global Security, SSL, LDAP, etc.
· Installed, renewed SSL certificates on the application servers using ikeyman tool.
· Troubleshooting problems related to Authentication, Authorization, Logins, Web Servers and WebSphere Application Server.
· Managing and monitoring the JVM performance using WebSphere heap dumps, thread dumps, garbage collection, JDBC Pools.
· Providing support for more than 300 application like Vigilance, ICare, IAutomation, DND, GPRS, MySMS, SMSCare, SMS Framework, Putcare, EBPP, MNP, LWISMS, Spectrum, etc.
· IBM Certified System Administrator in WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0
· IBM Certified Academic Associate in DB2 9 Database & Application Fundamentals
· Received Manager’s Choice Award – 2015 in IBM for successful deliveries.
· Completed KYI course (Entry & foundation level) for Telecommunications Industry.
· Attended trainings on WebSphere Application Server Administration.
· Attended trainings on Java SE 6 Programming Fundamentals.
· Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology from Graphic Era University, Dehradun in 2012 with 74%
· Senior Secondary- from Lord Mahavira Academy (CBSE) in 2008 with 71%
· Higher Secondary- from Lord Mahavira Academy (CBSE) in 2006 with 71%
Date of Birth : January 28, 1992
Gender : Male
Permanent Address: 212, North Gandhi Colony, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh -251001
Present Address : Flat No. 103, Chandan Crest Apartment, Vishal Nagar, Pune, Maharashtra – 411027
I hereby declare that the above furnished information is correct and true to the best of my knowledge.
- WebSphere Application Server