Supply Chain Planning Engineer
To support Across The Table (ATT) initiative towards transformation of Caterpillar – Dealer distribution Model. This will include extensive data analytics and interactions with dealers in order to support development of Inventory Management solutions that can help dealers effectively manage the aftermarket service parts opportunities. As a Supply Chain Planning Engineer, you will support the Product Support & Logistics (PSLD) division’s effort in achieving the inventory and customer service objectives in a manner consistent with PSLD objectives through ongoing and project work related to Parts Inventory Collaboration (PIC) and Inventory Management Research
The Parts Logistics Transformation program is managed through a proven L-NPI governance methodology and is broken down into 6 workstreams. One of the workstream is Data Sharing. The goal of the Data Sharing workstream is to satisfy interface requirements with Cat Dealers with specifically desired data (Dealer Parts Inventory, Dealer Store Hierarchy, and Customer Parts Point of Use data domains). While the collaboration solution of the future is targeted to be Dealer ERP agnostic, visibility to supply chain data using a standard, repeatable, and timely data sharing process is a requirement for Caterpillar and Cat Dealers to achieve the collaborative vision.
This position will be responsible for working closely with the Parts Inventory Collaboration (PIC) team in Morton for creating interface with dealer systems. The incumbent will be required to work closely with selected dealers to extract data, validate data quality, maintain constant vigil on data quality and perform regression tests to ensure quality.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
– Incumbent will be required to do detailed data analysis and submit recommendations to process partners.
-Identify issues in data quality and perform statistical tests to ensure quality.
– Responsible for providing Business and System support to dealers on PIC system
– Responsible to monitor dealer Parts Interfaces coming through in a timely and correct way, flowing through the different Caterpillar system environments, up to timely and correct processing in PIC.
– In case of significant IT issues, impacting PIC processing, need to execute contingency processes, working closely with PIC, IT and business teams, as well as keeping dealers in the loop.
Moreover, there would be some additional work required as needed, such as :
– Provide Standard Service Analysis and Loss Analysis as well as execute additional standardized analysis packs for PIC dealers for their quarterly review process
– Must be open to learning the analytical techniques for Data Analysis, Inventory Management (IM) System Configuration/logic and statistically oriented analysis
– Specific projects may include but not limited to investigating reasons for service loss, explaining inventory growth, assessing the value of alternative stocking rules, and determining impact on dealer Inventory.
Background / Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Maths / Statistics
– Must have excellent analytical/problem solving abilities
– Good knowledge in Supply Chain and Inventory Management concepts, as well as IT infrastructure technical skills
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Strong customer focus and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
– Will need to work in a different shift (including complete night shift and weekend work), either in fixed, or potentially rotating shifts.
– SAS Programming and use of reporting tools like Power BI
– APICS CPIM or CSCP Certification
– Green Belt / Subject Matter Expert (SME) on most 6 Sigma Projects
Caterpillar Inc. or sometimes shortened to CAT is an American Fortune 100 corporation which designs, develops, engineers, manufactures, markets and sells machinery, engines, financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. It is the world's largest construction equipment manufacturer.