As a Backend Software Engineer, you will work with the engineering team to write API’s that are consumed by our front-end app. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, supporting the maintenance of current APIs, building new APIs, and improve the performance and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
The ideal candidate will be a very quick learner, have obsessive attention to detail, thoroughness, and creativity in testing.
– You’re proficient in PHP and/or Laravel
– You possess strong OOP and design pattern knowledge
– You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
– You’ve the ability to build RESTful APIs
– Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you
– Well versed with computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
– Experience shipping a live product
– Startup experience, preferably a tech startup
– Open Source contributor
– Experience with TDD
– Familiar with modern engineering practices: Code Reviews, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, etc
– FrontEnd experience
– Passionate about/experienced with open source and developer tools
– You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
– Experience with AWS, DigitalOcean, etc.
– You want to be a team member rather than an employee – cultural fit is the most important thing. Start-up life is a roller coaster and we want to make sure no matter how the day has gone we can still go out for a pint at the end of it
– You take ownership
– You’ve an eye for detail
– You’re a problem solver, and a perpetual learner
– You possess a positive and solution-oriented mindset
About ClearGlass Analytics
Spread across two geographical locations and covering 6 countries amongst us, we love what we do. We are building a RegTech SaaS product that is increasing transparency in the pensions industry and funded by one of the largest corporates. We are particular about the people we work with in our team and go a long way to make sure they are happy. Please only apply if you think its a place you see as a good fit - our website has relevant information for you to gauge but if you have a question, write to us!
ClearGlass is a technology platform designed to collect and present cost data. The cost collection process is made simple and cheap, and the output; interesting and understandable.