Job Description for Service Coordinator Incident Management – Multiple Cities
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Follow incident management processes and restore IT services to normal operation as quickly as possible. Responding to a reported service incident, identifying the cause, and initiating the incident management process. Communicating with upper management & customer in case of any service impacting issues. Oversee all aspects of the incident management process, from evaluation to resolution of all IPC (Incident, Problem, Change) components comprised of IT services based on an ITIL framework.
- An Incident Manager records all issues and helps to design ways to prevent similar problems in the future. He or she will manage technical support teams, create procedures to deal with problems and develop solutions
- As an Incident coordinator/manager working for a global provider of IT solutions, you will be working within a multi-supplier environment transforming into a SIAM model.
- The successful candidate will be maintaining overall Major Incident Management process and share the drive critical and complex incidents in every possible means to multi-suppliers, as well as building on the Process maturity during the transformation.
- High-level ownership of the technical service restoration plan across all Vendor delivered IT services and the Resolver Group Managers involved in P1 incidents
- Coordination of technical restoration actions and plans via email, messaging, updating of P1 tickets in ITSM Tool
- Technical and Functional Escalation where necessary
- Aim is to reduce restoration time and escalation to Situation Management for P1 incidents
- Communication via various means including SMS and reporting
- Plan, coordinate and control the restoration of complex and high impact system problems that occur within the production environment
- Priorities major incidents and assign tasks to Service Support and Delivery resources as required
- Act as the central communication point for major incidents – all Priority 1 issues and Priority 2 issues as required
- Ensures creation of a resolution plan for P1 & P2 incidents
- Understand and clearly communicate the business impact of major incidents
- Priorities major incidents based on business impact to the client
- SIAM Major incident managers are authorized to login into any priority calls during lean periods for their own knowledge gain
- Develop strong working relationships with support and delivery teams, management and liaise with support areas as required
- Train and mentor other team members including Service Restoration Managers and Problem Managers in process and techniques used to manage major incidents across all vendors
- Providing updates / communication to senior management on the status of P1 & P2 incidents
Required Technical and Professional Experience
- 5+ years of experience in IT Industry
- Experience in running the MI across all Vendors
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience as Major Incident Manager & should have ITIL exposure.
- Proven experience in handling the Bridge calls.
- Create standardized visual design diagrams of logical infrastructure, including platform, storage, and networking basic information
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Kyndryl Holdings, Inc. is an American multinational information technology infrastructure services provider that designs, builds, manages and develops large-scale information systems. The company was created from the spin-off of IBM's infrastructure services business.