Caterpillar’s Manufacturing Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve processes and systems used in product ordering / manufacturing.
The incumbent analyses and recommends current and future systems, procedures, and training needs based on requirements. Manufacturing Engineers provide analysis and recommendations for product configurations.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
*Collaborate with product group engineers and product definition to intercept core price list
*Product outline Compatibility and EDS to determine the optimum structure to configure a finished Variant configuration for standard product available,create and maintain Bill of Material in SAP system.
*Active participation in New Product Introduction, engineering change and other projects to offer knowledge, expert advice and commit to Variant Configuration and Bill of Material task duration.
*Provide rapid resolution of production and facility issues
*Use the technical expertise and product knowledge to provide resolution process.
*Communicate highly complex, technical information to non-technical personnel to ensure the successful identification of root cause and corrective action.
*Accurate analysis and translation of business and Process Partner requirements
*Product change reflective in both the dealer facing sales systems and the manufacturing execution systems.
* University or technical school degree in a manufacturing engineering-related discipline
* Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
* Minimum of 2 years of ERP work experience
* Good communication, strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
* Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
* SAP certified in PP, MM or previous work experience in any ERP module and
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.