Direct Ship order handle advanced order and backorder related support by initiating actions in response to events or questions regarding dealer orders, situations and/or inquiries. There is a high sense of urgency associated with this role with emphasis on timely and accurate responses required. The job code is broad and can have different areas of primary emphasis while also requiring ability and flexibility to provide backup coverage in similar but different areas of business emphasis
This posting is relevant to Direct Ship order fulfilment support. This involves completing, directing and following up on requests to the appropriate support organization for attention as required for the nature of the backorder.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Verifying and managing Direct Ship orders.
- Building rapport and communicating on a regular basis with the appropriate suppliers, facility and process partner contacts on order status and details while developing an understanding of expectations for a given dealer as best as possible.
– Hold periodic or as-needed meetings/calls with respective network customer services staff and expediting teams to address/clarify issues and questions and to stay current on ordering processes, part status and/or system updates.
– This may require some flexibility in hours to accommodate dealer discussions.
- Direct Ship Order Analyst Goals include but are not limited to:
– Timeliness to answer/respond or act on CID tickets, phone calls and emails.
– Expediting dealer orders by improving estimated ship dates.
– Shipment tracking and resolving transportation issues.
– Improving supplier performance.
– Monitoring open order and backorder reports.
– Monitoring supplier EDI transactions and resolve associated grief.
– Initiating and resolving shipping discrepancy and dealer claims.
– Initiating any miscellaneous credits/ Debits.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Science/Commerce with 3-5 years of experience in one of the following areas: Material
Availability, Customer Service, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Transportation, Business Resources, Supply Chain or Expediting.
- Strong Customer Focus with Excellent Communication Skills: Written, Oral & Phone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Team player with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced MS-Office skills and good presentation skills
- Willing to work in US/Europe shifts
DESIRED SKILLS/ QUALIFICATIONS: Use and/or strong familiarity with service parts systems such as ANTARES, Lognet, warehouse systems (FL, EWM, RTS, etc), Supply Network Collaboration (SNC), and related processes and policies, Supply Chain certification(s) [CPIM,IIMM].
Caterpillar Inc. or sometimes shortened to CAT is an American Fortune 100 corporation which designs, develops, engineers, manufactures, markets and sells machinery, engines, financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. It is the world's largest construction equipment manufacturer.