Who you are:
- You will play a lead role in defining the service scope for IBM Managed Network Delivery and delivering remote management services for Cisco/Checkpoint Network Devices, Firewalls, VPN’s &
- VOIP Devices as part of IBM Network Delivery Team.You will act as the focal point for handling technical escalations and will assist the Technical/Delivery Manager in maintaining SLA adherence and meet CSAT goals,Expert level skills in implementation and administration of Local & Wide Area Networks (VLANs, VPNs) and Network Products – Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Voice Gateways, Unified Communication Devices; strong knowledge of static/dynamic routing protocols, transports (Internet/MPLS/VPLS) is expected.
- You can perform requirements gathering & design.
What you’ll do: Load Balancer Specialist (F5 and Citrix Netscalar is must) with proven experience in configuration, operation, administration and troubleshooting of the appliances. This role is the subject matter expert (SME) for F5/Netscalar/CiscoCSS/Radware capabilities and related technologies.
- The specialist is expected to mentor less experienced operators and Network Administrators.
Lead the administration, maintenance and troubleshooting of load balancer appliances utilizing best practices along with other aspects of client security.
- Architect and engineer the F5 Local Traffic Manager, GTM, Access Policy Manager Application Security Manger modules.
Collaborate with Architects on solutions addressing application delivery, integration, and access control needs.
Develop iRules and apply rules within the F5 appliances.
- Troubleshoot and debug services using problem determination tools and logs provided with the Load Balancer appliances.
Conduct detailed research and recommend approaches for identity management and access control.
- Configure monitoring using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Monitor firmware releases, security bulletins, and vendor notifications. Evaluates, recommends, plans, and applies firmware updates.
- Assist in the provisioning of user accounts, access groups, and application domains.
- Document operational policies and procedures based on established client requirements and security controls, industry-standard practices and vendor recommendations.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
·You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
8+ years’ experience in general networking and networks systems (such as Firewall, router, DNS etc.) support
5+ plus years of experience F5 LTM, GTM, APM, ASM modules and F5 Enterprisemanager tool is must. Experience with AFM, WAF and DNS modules will be added advantage and desirable.
2+ Experience with Citrix netscalar Load balancers.
Experience with Radware, Cisco CSS will be added advantage.
Strong experience with Administration and troubleshooting services on load balancer appliances. Especially GTM
Demonstrated ability to analyze and design new large-scale IT systems and modifications to existing systems.
Demonstrated communication skills ; presentation skills; interpersonal skills; analytical; and consulting type skills
Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation.
F5 Certified BIG-IP and Viprion Administrator and/or F5 Certified Technology Specialist.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
At least 2 years of experience in TCP/IP Networks
At least 3 years of experience in Operating System Skills
At least 2 years of experience with Unix/Linux system administration level knowledge
Industry: IT Specialist
About IBM India
IBM India since 1992 provides solutions and services spanning all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and manage an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services – be it transformational outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services.