Are you looking for your next big challenge?
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2018 sales and revenues of $54.7 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
As an Engineer in Engine Systems & Controls Development- LPSD India team, you will serve as
• An experienced technical lead on complex projects and assignments for the end-to-end design and development of large diesel, dual-fuel and gas engine and control systems. This will involve utilizing thermodynamic cycle simulation and other engineering analysis tools to effectively and efficiently communicate results to team members to make program decisions.
• You will also perform data analysis, results review and documentation, project management planning and updates.
• Single point of contact for executing Controls, Simulation and development projects for Large Diesel, dual fuel and gas engines.
• Mentor and develop other engineers in the team
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Automobile/Aerospace Engineering,
• Overall experience of 5 years in Engine performance and control systems development
• 2+ years of experience developing engine control systems for diesel/gas/dual fuel engines.
• Experience in diesel/gas/dual fuel engine rating development for Genset application
• Extensive experience in GT-Power, Dynasty, Matlab/Simulink, Vector CANape, and Co-simulation, and their applications in gas/diesel/dual fuel engine development
• Experience and knowledge with classical control theory with Single Input Single Output (SISO) systems
• Experience and knowledge with classical and modern control theory with Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) systems using Sequential Loop Closing (SLC) in the time and frequency domain, and Robust MIMO controls
• Experience in modeling of dynamic systems using both physics based white box modeling and black box modeling using system identification techniques in time and frequency domain
• Must have demonstrated excellent analytical skills and have an extensive understanding of complex engineering concepts and applications
• Requires strong technical leadership skills who has the ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work
• Flexible to travel globally which is of 10% of the work
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• PhD/Masters degree in an accredited Indian or Global Engineering schools
• Proficiency with engine rating development
• Basic proficiency in German language
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to perform complex assignments
• Self-starter with strong project management skills
• Working knowledge of Python/VBA to automate tasks
• Enjoys working in a fast paced, technically challenging environment