Ecommerce customer service (sometimes spelled e-commerce customers service) is a strategy for providing customer service to customers on online stores. When retailers invest in improving their ecommerce customer service, delivered via a call center, live chat, or other channels, they tend to be rewarded with more loyal customers, better conversion rates, and an advantage over their competitors.
Do provide a personalized experience for each customer
Within your ecommerce call center you’ll want to be careful of the activities that you do and don’t do.
1. Do use a multichannel strategy in your ecommerce call center.
2. Do not limit yourself by using piece-meal software systems.
3. online chat.
4. Do not only use phone support.
5. Do provide a personalized experience for each customer
6.Do not treat every customer as if they don’t matter.
7. Do train your e-commerce Call center to use empathetic tones and language.
8. Do not treat every customer interaction as a defensive battle.
9.Do leverage your IVR to properly route calls to the agent that will resolve it the fastest.
10. Do not create an infinitely long IVR tree.
11. Do give customers the option of resolving their problems via other communication channels if your call center is experiencing a high call volume.
12. Do not force customers to wait and listen to hold music for over 5 minutes.
13. Problems should be resolved immediately.
14. Meet customers on their terms
15. Get organized
16. Enable self-service
17. Stand out from the crowd using personalization
18. Harness the power of customer reviews
19. Improve your response time
20. Measure, optimize, repeat