Advanced Inventory Analyst
The primary goal is to provide an objective level of customer service for the dealers/customers at a minimal investment. As an DRPr Analyst at Caterpillar, you will support Inventory Management related work for Cat Parts. This function involves investigation of schedules suggested by DRP system in SPM and prevent unwanted schedule passing to the supplier & track the proper parts planning by SPM. The parts with exception are analyzed thoroughly before it is approved and schedule released to the supplier. This role supports the inventory Management team to do the DRP Mass Approval on a daily, weekly & Monthly basis.
The job responsibilities also include testing the functionality as per the FRD and giving the business signoff from business user prospect.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
– Responsible for forecasting parts usage, deciding which facilities to stock, placing requirements on the Distribution centres and/or vendors, and monitoring performance.
– On time and defect free execution of DRP process on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
– Develop and/or support SAS programs for DRP analysis and request by the Inventory Management team.
– Execute adhoc requests from business partners and Inventory Management team.
– Work closely with global teams in making process improvements and enhancements to IM functionality.
– Involves detailed root cause analysis for discrepancy between systems (SPM, LOGNET, TERADATA, DB2) and documentation of the same.
-Support SPM/EWM conversion by testing IM functionality.
- Requires a degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge in various purchasing, parts ordering, and inventory management systems.
- Must have excellent analytical/problem solving abilities, well developed oral and written communications skills, a strong customer focus, and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- 6-8 years of Supply Chain domain experience with IM knowledge in Cat Parts, ILS or Automotive parts management experience
- Must be willing to work in odd shifts to have enough overlap with Morton IM team
- Good knowledge and work experience in SPM systems.
- Should have basic to intermediate SAS Programming skills